ErgoMed facilities throughout the United States are unique in offering comprehensive testing that can be tailored to the employer’s specific needs. ErgoMed’s POS test results can be used to safely place conditional hires in appropriate job positions.
Without proper screening, the employee could be placed in a potentially injurious position, be unable to safely perform essential functions, and /or could risk injury to themselves and/or others. ErgoMed testing also provides the employer with information that can be used in the accommodation process.
The ErgoMed model has also been highly effective in decreasing the severity of injuries of individuals who have successfully completed the screening process. The average cost of injuries suffered by individuals who have successfully completed the ErgoMed Post Offer Screen was as much as 70% less than the cost of injuries suffered by individuals who did not go through the screening process. The screen is designed to achieve several benefits prior to the conditional hire ever starting work.
- Tests conditional hires’ ability to safely complete the essential job functions. This process complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Establishes a medical baseline. The ErgoMed model is designed to identify conditions and limitations of the conditional hire. This feature of the screening process aids in risk management, administration of employee claims for workers’ compensation and for safety during the job.
- Begins the company’s safety and wellness program at the time of hire. All conditional hires receive individual instructions and recommendations on how to keep themselves healthy while performing the various tasks of the position for which they are being hired. They will also receive personalized instructions on how to decrease any risk factors identified during the screening process as well as other injury prevention techniques.
- Functional testing of the essential job demands
- Orthopedic screening
- Lift testing
- Injury prevention education
- Medical base line testing
- Medical history review
- Essential job function testing
- Range-of-motion testing
- Drug screening
- Hearing testing
- Specialized joint-specific testing